Mission,Vision, Values & Goals
MORE provides refugees and immigrants with the education and support they seek to become fully engaged members of our Community.
Our newest neighbors are empowered to live peaceful lives free of poverty.
Through cooperation and a holistic approach to providing services, we work to build a multicultural community/family where: Respect, Compassion, Growth and Creativity are at the forefront of the work we do together.
MORE’s mission is accomplished through overall goals that include:
- Helping refugees/immigrants and other low-income residents of our area meet their basic needs and stabilize financially and achieve or sustain self-sufficiency.
- Assisting refugees/immigrants in improving their English skills and empowering them to learn the skills necessary to function more independently in the United States.
- Supporting families in managing life’s myriad of issues and complexities.
- Promoting emotional stability in families.
- Building mutual respect, understanding and positive relationships among the various cultural groups at MORE and build relationships with the larger community. Involving our program participants, staff, volunteers and donors in working for greater justice in our society, particularly around issues of poverty, literacy and immigration.
Check out this video from when MORE was chosen as a Nonprofit to Know by Minnesota Philanthropy Partners and see our mission in action.