Mental Health Program
Purpose: Attending to the increased incidence of mental health distress for immigrants and refugees caused by a combination of current adjustment stressors and past trauma from home countries. MORE offers culturally responsive individual and family counseling and treatment groups.
Mental Health Services include:
- Assessment and Referral
- Individual/Family Counseling
- Education surrounding mental health and cultural adjustment issues
- Crisis Intervention
Last year, almost 60 individuals were provided with 368 therapy sessions. MORE has become a leader in implementing culturally responsive Mental Health services for refugees in immigrants. If you would like additional information about this program, please contact Jan Dorn at 651-204-0516 or email@example.com.
MORE is currently hiring for our Lead Therapist/Licensed clinical social worker position.
Position: Lead Therapist/LICSW
Full-Time: 40 Hours per Week, Regular
The purpose of MORE’s Mental Health Program is to promote emotional stability in families, reduce isolation and increase a sense of hope and belief in individuals’ ability to not only adjust to life in the United States, but thrive in their new lives. These services include completing diagnostic assessments, providing individual and family therapy, crisis intervention, skill building, case coordination, advocacy, team meetings, and referral services.
The Lead Therapist’s range of duties include: providing direct mental health therapy services (70%), supervision of additional clinical therapists, two or three case management and/or clinical Social Work interns (15%), and administrative responsibilities related to managing a healthy and productive program (15%). This position reports to the Executive Director.
Lead Therapist Position Duties/Responsibilities:
A. Provide counseling and psychotherapy services to participants in MORE’s Mental Health Program through an interpreter, if necessary, and onsite and/or in-home
B. Develop professional relationships and maintain a practical understanding of current community supportive resources available
C. Maintain timely and accurate client files and comply with community practice laws and standards
D. Document client session and progress notes and services delivered; complete online billing logs and other required paperwork
E. Meet monthly productivity expectations
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· MSW, LICSW and currently licensed in the State of Minnesota or willing to obtain licensure in Minnesota
· Experience working with the severely and persistently mentally ill, substance abuse, and culturally diverse populations
· Ability to maintain standards of confidentiality as required by professional ethics and state/federal law
· Approachable, compassionate, patient, flexible, creative and enthusiastic
· Competent using the Internet and Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· LICSW, two years post-licensure, eligible or willing to obtain training to meet requirements as a licensing supervisor with the Board of Social Work
· Proficient in Electronic Medical Records billing systems
· Fluency in a language(s) other than English that represents the community served by MORE
Please email resume and cover letter by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 13, 2017 to:
Ms. Cathy Rucci, Executive Director
MORE is a positive, encouraging, and collaborative work environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Eligible federal loans may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
MORE values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.