MORE is Hiring!
Position: Resource Development Manager
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Full-/Part-Time: Full-Time Exempt
Regular/Temporary: Regular Salary DOQ + Competitive Benefits Package
Organization Summary: MORE is a multi-service, community-based organization providing refugees and immigrants with the education and support they seek to become fully engaged members of our community. Positive change in the community is created by equipping immigrants and refugees with the resources, knowledge and skills they need to create equal opportunity for themselves as new Americans. Last year, MORE served almost 1,000 adults through services from two program areas: Education/English Classes and Social Services/Basic Needs. These free services are offered in an environment that is comfortable, welcoming and flexible.
MORE’s Priorities: Empathy, Integrity, Equity, Spirituality, and Accountability.
Position Information: MORE is seeking an experienced, dedicated, and exceptionally organized Resource Development Manager to join us as an integral member of our team. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with both the ED and the Board of Directors’ Development Committee, the Resource Development Manager is a position that offers significant opportunities to assume responsibilities across a wide range of fundraising, relationship-building, marketing, communications and event management activities. Our Resource Development Manager will be an organization lead and will bring a growth mindset to MORE’s mission and the Development function.
Position Purpose: To provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives in compliance with MORE’s Development Plan including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation, grantwriting and marketing/communications. Identify, organize and manage fundraising activities including the organization’s donor management system with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from individuals, foundations, public organizations, faith communities and businesses/corporations.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, faith groups, organizations, businesses/corporations, etc. to be approved by the board.
· Broaden MORE’s fundraising by developing approaches such as monthly giving, planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs.
· Provide monthly reports to the ED and the Board which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
2. Grant Requests and Administration
· Lead the function of researching and writing grants in partnership with the ED.
· Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
· Manage grant proposals and submissions, letters of inquiry, reports and other materials including maintaining an overall schedule of deadlines and ensure timely submissions.
3. Individual Gifts Cultivation and Donor Stewardship
· Build and maintain relationships with donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by ED, board members and other staff, as appropriate.
· Process donations including generating acknowledgement letters and maintaining online donor database (Little Green Light).
· Arrange and manage campaign logistics for Annual Individual Giving events including Give to the Max Day and the Year-end Appeal.
4. Event Management
· Assume a lead role in planning and executing all fundraising events including the annual Run for Refugees 5K.
· Manage event logistical details, serving as the point of contact for vendors, supporters and sponsors, volunteers and attendees.
· Create event communications such as save the dates, invitations, e-communications through MailChimp, programs, and other marketing materials.
· Develop and solicit both event sponsorship and participation through multiple promotional tools.
· Fulfill sponsorship recognition and benefits, including communications such as social media and press releases, collateral like signage and t-shirts, website updates, etc.
· Record and track event data and constituent information, including budget information, registration lists, and results.
5. Marketing & Communications
· Lead communications and marketing strategy and track related metrics of impact.
· Update and improve MORE’s website.
· Design and produce print fundraising materials including annual report, info cards, campaign one-pagers, thank you cards and all event assets.
· Collaborate with ED to execute sponsor and partner recognition.
· Manage social media outlets including social media strategy and daily postings.
· Coordinate all e-communications in collaboration with ED.
· Partner with the ED as a key member of MORE’s Leadership.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Mission and values driven with a strong commitment to social justice and MORE’s mission
· Bachelor’s degree (five years prior experience in Nonprofit Resource Development can be substituted for education requirement)
· Demonstrated experience and comfort in fundraising, soliciting donations, and/or planning major events – 2+ years of prior experience in Nonprofit Resource Development
· Able to work independently with minimum oversight
· Good sense of accountability, strong dependability, and impeccable integrity
· Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads
· Places high value on diversity – recognizes differences between people and acknowledges these differences as a valued asset
· A quintessential team player with a willingness to support colleagues outside of one’s primary responsibilities
· Emotionally intelligent and self-aware, including the ability to both ask for/receive and offer assistance or leadership when and where needed
· Open to and appreciative of feedback, responsive to direction and coaching
· Capable communicator with an astute eye for written and visual communication in particular (design or marketing experience including using design software – willing to provide examples)
· Comfort working with a diverse base of support and stakeholders, including program participants, community leaders, volunteers, donors, other nonprofit organizations, and corporate partners
· Additional Competencies: Approachable, Compassionate, Inclusive, High Integrity (ethical, follow through, honest), Open (humor, listening, patience, appropriate personal disclosure), Flexible (self-knowledge, dealing with the unknown), Enthusiastic/Driven to Succeed
· Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products
· Ability to comply with MORE’s policies and procedures
· Master’s Degree
· 5+ Years experience in Nonprofit Resource Development
· Experience with online databases and event registration tools (Little Green Light, MailChimp, Race Roster, Eventbrite, etc.)
· Fluency in a language(s) other than English that represents the community served by MORE
Compensation/Benefits: This position is full-time. Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Additional benefits include: fully paid Life, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability Insurance premiums; generous time off policy including 12 paid holidays plus additional vacation and sick time; option to work from home one day per week, most weeks when schedule permits; and, mission driven environment with strong staff culture.
Please send cover letter and resume via email in PDF format by 5 p.m. on Monday, June 24, 2019 to:
Ms. Cathy Rucci (email@example.com)
MORE is a positive, encouraging, and collaborative work environment.
MORE values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.